Easter is just around the corner. It is Palm Sunday tomorrow. Easter has always been a special time of year as we celebrate the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. (John 3:16). When I was growing up, I was able to participate in the church choir, and on Palm Sunday we would perform an Easter cantata. My mom, being the church organist, was a part of the music committee that planned the program. We practised for weeks to get every note and word in place. The words in those old songs were so meaningful and even now when I hear the tune of one, it takes me back to those special days and I can picture the people, the enthusiasm, the warmth and the sincerity that everyone projected as we sang of our Saviour's sacrifice for us.
I made some Easter cards last week that I hope to get sent out to some special friends. Here is one of them.

No comments:
Post a Comment